Lena Miculek "Best use of a QUICK 50RDS of TRAINING !" drill

Shadow9mm

have run through this drill a couple times. So far i do really feel like it has really shown me some issues in my technique and improved my skills. Anyone else tried this, thoughts ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8MvKIiXC2M

as i understand it.
1 shot, 10 times, low ready to sight aqisition
2 shots, 5 times, grip and sight allignment
5 shots, 2 times, grip stance recoil control
5 shots, 2 times, alternating between 3 targets
2 shots 3 times, changing mags between each shot, tactical reload
2 shots 2 times, to slide lock for emergency reloads

Chip off the old block--but she's got better moves. ; ) I need to learn how to really shoot a handgun properly, this inspires me to get out and practice (once I get through the half dozen or so rifles I'm working on). Interesting to go down the comments and read them--there's a section where someone noticed that she wraps finger(s) around the front of the trigger guard. I went shooting one day with some vets (one was an x-seal) and he shot my 45 xd holding it like that--though his target accuracy wasn't any better than the rest of our's (which is to say we all were shooting pretty mediocre)

thanks for the post.

Last edited:
Having a plan on what to practice at the range is a great idea, and this seems like a reasonable breakdown. I had an instructor a while back that emphasized this and I’ve tried to take it to heart. I think the only change I’d make from a defensive shooting standpoint is a magazine dedicated to shoot with one hand (alternating both strong and weak hand or just strong depending on the round counts). In a defensive shooting you might not have the ability to use both hands (injury or using the other hand or arm for something else).

She certainly can shoot. Must have been interesting growing up with Miculek as her dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back