Lemon Squeezer

Doc Hoy

I bought a Smith and Wesson Lemon Squeezer in .38S&W at the Auction just south of Dade City FL.

Six inch barrel nickel plated but the finish is quite compromised. Pistol functions like new.

S&W emblem on the right side.

Serial number is 238xxx.

Cripes, this started out as a high quality revolver!

Thanks, JW

I like the quallityof this pistol. As luck would have it, I just happen to have dies for .38 S&W. Looks like I had betterstart hoarding brass.

Gotta find it before you can hoard it. Remington has been marketing some round nose ammo in .38 S&W that they say is "target ammo". Says so right on the box:). I have seen it in a number of stores and bought two boxes myself. It is, or course, low pressure stuff but it works OK. Probably aimed at the cowboy market. That has given me 100 cases which is enough for my needs right now. Interestingly, this ammo seems to be at the low end of 38 S&W dimensions and it chambers nicely in an S&W Model 14 (.38 Special). Shoots quite well.

McShooty

My experience is about the same as yours. I bought a box of fifty at the LGS. As I think back it was either PPU or some Mexican stuff I have the empty box at the house. But I am off on travel right now.

Tnx,

Last edited:
Jim W

Just did a little reading on an S&W forum. If the SNs started at 220000 in 1907...and 241390 shipped in 1914, mine is 1912 or so, I guess.

Last edited:
Back