lemat revolving rifle

snidervolley

Inactive
IMG_20141122_125124_zpsef9c3058.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Superb! I always liked the funky LeMat. The Carbine is gorgeous! Now you've done it. We MUST have a range report! :cool:

Nice work.
Just curious, what is the function of the tube under the barrel?

I'd sure hate to be holding on to the front end during a chain fire!

You don't hold anything out in front of the cylinders when shooting. You use almost the same as a two handed revolver pistol hold but have a stock in one shoulder. Same with any revolving carbine that doesn't have a gas lock or gas block.

I love my Circuit Judge 45/410 revolving rifle. My wife is most accurate with it.

It does have the gas check/shield so there are no burns from firing on my left hand /arm. Works very well.

Extremely accurate.....I was impressed the 1st day out.

That one you've got looks way COOOOOOOOL! :)

Just curious, what is the function of the tube under the barrel?
That's what makes a LeMat special

It's a shotgun barrel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver

The LeMat revolver was a .42 or .36 caliber cap & ball black powder revolver invented by Jean Alexandre LeMat of New Orleans, which featured an unusual secondary 20 gauge smooth-bore barrel capable of firing buckshot.

It saw service with the armed forces of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War of 1861–65.

That is BEAUTIFUL! I had no idea such a thing ever existed. Flayderman does not acknowledge as such.

Vs. the pistol: why the change in the trigger guard and the thumbscrew in front of the frame?

Do you have pictures/documentation that such a longarm existed?

Just curious...

Again, I think it is one of a kind and you manufactured it.

WOW! Impressive!

Jim

the trigger guard change was due to Dr lemat knowing that putting ones hand in front of percussion revolver cylinder was a bad idea thus the hand rest trigger guard.

HOLY J.E.B. STUART! :D Thats a hog leg and a half. Beautiful job sir!

I could Hear my bank account screaming as soon as I saw the posting, I though someone had started producing them ;)

Last edited:
Back