LeMat/Navy Arms

Wheelgun

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew about the quality of NAvy Arms equipment. I want to get a LeMat revolver and it looks like they are the only producers. I currently have a Euroarms Enfield rifle that I love and friends speak highly of Parker Hale. I know Navy aArms is a large company, but don't know anyone who has one.

thanks,
Wheelgun

the navy pieta lematt is an extremely well made revolver. The lock work parks are huge compaired the colts andshould be durable. Finding spare parts is just about impossible as the Italians won't even send them to Navy Arms in any reasonable time frame. They handle caps very well. A local collector/dealer tells me they are very true to the original ones he has owned.

Article in the American Handgunner just coming out this month.

The LeMat I have came with that funky little locking wedge-lever below the front of the cylinder. It kept working out on firing, (very dangerous!) so I had a gunsmith install the 2nd style knurlled stem locking pin. ( if you look at pictures of the originals you can see what I mean) The lanyard ring on the repros is also very light and shouldn't be used. The curve of the grips looks a bit strange but due to the heaviness of the piece it rides surprisingly well in the hand. I reccommend getting the model with the trigger spur. It seems to help in steadiness. The 'garbage can' shotgun tube is impressive but not of much value beyond ten feet. Clearly that was a last ditch option for defense. You may have to buy a few special tools to completely break the piece down. It's a correspondingly more complicated piece than a normal Colt or Remington and it takes getting used to. I use mine infrequently but it is a beautiful handgun. Not sorry I bought it. Try going to http://www.juliaauctions.com/firearms/3-01/web/133-139.jpg
to see a picture of one. Notice the little knob sticking out from below the cylinder. Some of the first models had that little lever device. It was a bad idea then and it still is now.

Last edited:
Back