Legislation in North Carolina

ncpatriot

NC has House Bill 111 pending, expanding ccw to restaurants & parks.

Also HB 650, lessening penalties for inadvertent violations.

Those of you in NC, please call your representative & ask for his support on these bills. Send letters to editors of your local papers, post on Facebook & other forums, etc. Watch for articles by gun critics, foretelling the usual stories of violence, etc.

Good luck North Carolina. I sure hope your legislature steps up to the plate and makes the needed changes they are considering.

This looks like it's going to be close.

I do worry about the lack of statewide preemption, however:

A unit of local government may adopt an ordinance to prohibit, by posting, the carrying of a concealed handgun on municipal and county recreational facilities that are specifically identified by the unit of local government.

I do worry about the lack of statewide preemption, however:

Designated "recreational facilities" is much better than the current carte blanche for county and municipal properties.

North Carolina does have a statute for statewide preemption, not that it is very useful as state agencies ignore it with regulations prohibiting concealed carry.

Any legislation will have its shortcomings, but as I see it we need to gain all improvements we can while we have a conservative legislature. Our population is divided between conservatives, liberals and fence sitters. We may not have another conservative legislature any time soon.

Back