Legality of crank gatling gun?

jnix

A few friends of mine and I were wondering about building a crank operated .22 cal gatling gun. I could of swore that I saw some plans out there, does anyone have these or know where I can find them. And unfortunately here is the big question, what is the legality of it. Now it would be crank operated so technically it would not be a machinegun.
We just think that it would be really freaking cool to have a crank operated, 22 cal, hopper fed, multi barrel firearm that we built ourselves.

No I looking more along the lines of like 6 revolving barrels and hopper fed. You know kind of like a real gatling gun.

You are correct. Since it is hand cranked, it would not be a Full Auto. There is a place that sells a 58 Caliber black powder version here. The only problem I can see is getting high capacity magazines, unless GWB does what we are hoping in a few more years.

I saw a guy at the range the other day with a few of those 10/22 crank items that he made himself.
One item had 3 barrels and each crank of the wheel would fire each one 5 times for a total of 15 rounds with a single crank of the wheel. You should of hear it as fired off 3 - 25 round mags in only a few seconds. All you heard was a zipppp sound.

My stomach hurts after that one Gary. I'd put those old WWII iron sights they used in Aircraft, right smack in the middle of the handle bars.

Back