Legalities

USP45usp

I have a BP Army style (replica from Itally) and I was wanting to convert it to cartriage.

Not modern types but reload my own BP cartriages (I know enough not to use modern :D ).

Legal since it's not being converted to modern cart. but just BP cart.?

Wayne

If you are not otherwise prohibited from posessing a firearm, there is nothing illegal in converting a cap-n-ball revolver to a cartridge firing one, in any caliber. Type of propellant does not matter.

Depends on the state... In NY a BP cap and ball gun does not require a pistol permit as long as it is for display purposes only. As soon as you haev powder and shot though it automatically becomes a handgun in the eyes of NY State. This means it must be on you permit, which you must have to even own a handgun in this godforsaken state. Check your own states laws and those you plan on passing through...

If you are not otherwise prohibited from posessing a firearm

:D

He don't know me very well do he :D (-> has over 40 guns, modern, C&R, and BP)

Thanks. I can't find anything for this state that prohibits it but I was wondering at federal level. Yes, I read the guidelines, etc.. but I just wanted to make sure that I read them correctly :).

Wayne

He don't know me very well do he....
Yeah, I knew you had one or two:cool:, but I thought I would include the "If you are not otherwise prohibited from posessing a firearm," because at least in Texas, that is the only prohibition, which I knew was not a problem for you.:D

Back