• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Legal and Political, like Francisco Franco, is still dead

David Roberson

Still no signs of life from Legal and Political. Mykl, your suggestion about reducing the number of days loaded doesn't make any difference. The forum loads about halfway and locks up.

You say it loads haly way? Do you actualy see text? or is it the IE status bar?

The IE status bar is just an indication of the amount of time IE has been waiting for a reply.

I have my preferences set to showing the last 2 days and I can't get in. I did at 500 EST this morning, but it was slow. Somebody must be getting in to Legal as there was a posting at 2:31 PM today.
When I tried it just now the IE status bar got 3/8s of the way across and stopped. No text.
------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited July 18, 2000).]

Tell you what, I miss "Legal" a heck of a lot more than Francisco! ;) ;)

[This message has been edited by RWK (edited July 18, 2000).]

Handgun & General also seem to be having problems now (and Legal still appears to be dead) -- Maybe it's time to go to the range.

The Art of The Rifle is not doing well either! Ain't it fun being popular! Hang in there I'm sure that Rich will lean out the mixture and advance the ignition and every thing will be fine before long.

OK, I'll make it official ... I'm wagering that Legal and Political has been shut down by NATO ... ;)

After all, it isn't even showing on the list anymore.

Regards from AZ

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by George Hill:
[ducking and slinking away before anyone notices me...][/quote]

THERE HE IS!!!! GET HIM!!!! ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DorGunR:
Now General seems to be down along with Legal.[/quote]

I just noticed that too.. same symptems...

Back