Left hand

Randall Arms used to make a south paw 1911. But they went out of business many years ago. If you do manage to find one, expect to pay premium price.

Randall and Falcon arms both offered true left hand 1911's. I believe Safari Arms offers one in their catalog buy just try to get one.

BTW FALCON ARMS used the old Randall machinery to make theirs. What is even harder to find than the left hand 1911 are the left hand magazines.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Randall was the first firm to produce a left handed 1911 which constituted 7.4% of the total production by Randall (information provided by Randall Historian Rick Kennerknecht. Unfortunately for Randall, it went out of business around 1986. Rocky Mountain Arms then picked up the ball, and theirs was quite pricey at $1,500. I don't know whether they are still in production. Falcon did advertise one, but I'm not sure if they ever made one. MS Safari Arms, which was bought out by Olympic Arms, began producing their Renegade around 1993. I don't have exact production figures, but the factory told me less than a handful (probably less than 20) of both the Renegade and the shorter 4 Star were made by Olympic Arms. Sales were dismal and after an initial run, Olympic/Safrari Arms dropped it. Per Corey Sattler, who at the time was their LE rep, tooling for the Renegade came from Randall.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Springfield Armory does, or at least can, since they made the matching pair of gold plated 1911s used by Castor Troy in Face/Off.

Back