Left hand reload?

Daniel

Wanting to use my 4-inch Dan Wesson .357 for IDPA, problem.
I am left handed, I cannot think up a good way to reload this piece with any type of speed or consistency.

Semi-autos are easy, slide release with my left hand index finger, mag release with my right hand index finger.

I am stuck, any ideas for a quick left hand reload?

From a two-hand grasp, reach around the front of the crane with your right index finger. Bring your right thumb up to push open the cylinder as you trip the release lever with your fingertip. You 'roll' the cylinder out with your thumb on one side, and your fingers bracing it on the other. Picture the cylinder all the way open , holding the gun muzzle up, as though the cylinder were a glass of water. Now, you punch the ejector rod down with your left palm heel, then invert the muzzle to receive your speedloader.

Not smart-alecky; try shooting right-handed.

Extra grip strength in your primary hand often makes for better recoil control. Also ease your reloading.

Leatham is a lefty, but he shoots righty.....

You should shoot with whatever hand corresponds to your dominant eye. People who are left-eye dominant should shoot with the left hand, even if they are right-handed.

If you're doing this for either IDPA or IPSC, be sure in your practice not to let the muzzle break the 180. You would likely get DQ'd if the muzzle comes up past vertical.

Back