Lee Seating die refreshed outlook

Nathan

Normally, I poo poo Lee equipment. Well, I have been surprised by their taper crimp dies in the past. I view these very positively. Good crimp. Tool marks imprinted on case not bad.

Their collet crimp dies for pistol have been great for my 44mag loads. So good I sold my profile crimp dies. I have been really happy with crimp quality.

BUT!!! My biggest surprise has been using std Lee seating dies as a crimp die. They have a 2 step shape. They taper crimp the roll crimp the end if set for more crimp. This is a nice deep roll crimp. I’m really happy with the resulting crimp on my 38 special loads. Also, while some Lee crimp dies are a little short

So, if you have a crimp issue or are just looking for a separate crimp die to ease progressive setup, give Lee a shot.

Are you folks seeing the same thing?

BUT!!! My biggest surprise has been using std Lee seating dies as a crimp die. They have a 2 step shape. They taper crimp the roll crimp the end if set for more crimp.

You are describing a profile crimp die. Redding invented it, but others, including Lee, have copied it after the patent expired. If profile crimp dies are what you sold, what were they doing different?

Back