Lee Quick Trim

kmw1954

Just received one of these tools, it is the Deluxe model along with a die for the 223.. Just finished up for the night and I got about 120 pcs. done. Seems to work pretty well and also pretty consistent.

Anyone else using one of these?

Yes, had one for about 5 years. Have it for several calibers. BUT, I must be using it wrong. Never can seem to get it to trim very much on any case. Resorted to just using the case gage in my electric drill. Did about 1200 rounds of .223. Was the dickins to keep the shell case tight in the holder. Not real pleased with the Quick Trim hand roated gizmo. Also tried out the Lee Zip-Trim. the spring broke before I got the hang of it. MOST of my equipment IS Lee.

I have the quick trims, and the drill attachment for it so I don't have to crank the handle.

But I graduated to the Lee case gauges, placed with the 8/32 adapter into a Hornady case trimmer. I hold the cases by using the Lee holder in a small "multibit" screwdriver handle...screwing down the Lee holder quickly. Fastest way to trim cases outside of a dedicated case trimmer (which I use exclusively for 223 so I don't have to reset it).

Lyman makes a trimmer setup similar to the Lee case gauges, except it actually works. No cases slipping out of the holder. I have them both, never use the Lee.

Just received one of these tools, it is the Deluxe model along with a die for the 223.. Just finished up for the night and I got about 120 pcs. done. Seems to work pretty well and also pretty consistent.

Anyone else using one of these?
I use the Lee Quick Trim on my bottleneck cartridges. I process only a small volume of bottleneck cartridges, about a hundred or so, and so far I'm happy with the Quick Trim system. If I processed a higher volume, or had a requirement for higher precision, I'd probably go in a different direction. But for small volume users I think they work fine.

Back