Lee quick trim

montana09

I just purchased a Lee quick trim die for my press. I ordered from midway USA a 270 Winchester die. It arrived and the attached paper says 270 win magnum. Did I get the correct trim die or am I missing something? The only 270 magnum I know is the Winchester short magnum

Mind posting your thoughts on it?

I'm using their case length gauge/trimmer on a drill now, and I'm wondering if the die really does deliver on the claim of 'trim, chamfer and debur' in a single step would be a bit quicker?

I use the case length gauges also.
I had thought of getting the quick trim, but decided against it.
I just don't want all the brass shavings in/on my press.

I just used it and I loved it, trimmed the cases down nice, left a great chamfer on them, and I had no issues with the brass shavings. Most were either in the case and dumped out easy, the rest were caught by the tray or the quick trim die itself. Granted I have no other trimmers to compare it to, this is my first trimmer but it worked great for me. I used the Lee Quick Trim Deluxe for the 270 and for the 6.5 Creedmoor, and just ordered one for the 357 magnum since I liked it so much.

I am using it for 4 different calibers, well in fact 3 since apparently 9mm doesn't require trimming ;-)
It functions as advertised in both manual (handle) and power modes (drill).
But:
1. It takes some effort to get consistent trim length as trimming time, speed, pressure and initial length affect resulting length. It is still better than trimming with gauges and significantly cheaper than other solutions especially when you reload several calibers.
2. You have to clean the shavings from inside the die and lube (preferebly dry lube) every 10-25 cases (depending on amount of shavings).
3. I suggest you get a spare set of plastic parts and cutting blades. I suspect you might need some of them after a couple thousand of cases.

I’ve used the quick trim for .223. The small trimming tool just wasn’t cutting it for volume work. I think it works really well for the price. Once you get the tool, which isn’t much like maybe 25 bucks iirc, the dies for each additional caliber aren’t but 10 bucks or so. Not that much more than the length gauge and she’ll holder for the hand trimmer.

I have been using the quick trim for a year or so now. It does not always remove the bur from the outside of the neck. I chamfer and debur them after using.

Back