Lee Pro-1000 Progressive Press -- Parts Needed

Scorpion8

I picked up a used Lee Pro-1000 of the pre-2012 vintage, red base. The guy had boxes of parts, and of course many were missing. Mainly I am concerned about the z-bar that makes the case slider operate. It was gone, but all the rest of the parts for that were there except for the case sliders, which I have ordered off eBay. But Lee no longer has the z-bar, and was hoping that somebody who has a machine might make a quick drawing with dimensions for me. It looks like a bent-metal round bar, maybe 1/16" dia., but getting the lengths right would be the issue.

Also, some detailed pics of it "set up" would be very helpful as the owners manual doesn't give enough detail.

I got 10mm and 9mm shell holder plates, which was a score since 9mm is what I am aiming for along with 380ACP.

Any help please?

I picked up a used Lee Pro-1000 of the pre-2012 vintage, red base. But Lee no longer has the z-bar, and was hoping that somebody who has a machine might make a quick drawing with dimensions for me. It looks like a bent-metal round bar, maybe 1/16" dia., but getting the lengths right would be the issue.

Any help please?

The rod is made from 1/8" diameter 4130 steel. The overall length is 3 3/4".

One leg is 7/16" long.

The other is 3/4" long.

Attachments

• IMG_8598.jpg
    IMG_8598.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8599.jpg
    IMG_8599.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8600.jpg
    IMG_8600.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 47
Talk to Lee? How do you think I got to the point of making my own parts. These are obsolete and made of unobtanium except on the 2nd hand market. They want you to buy this and that "upgrades". Yea, I did talk to Lee.

The key to success is using the right material. It's not going to be cheap. You can buy 1/8" diameter mild steel rod from places like Home Depot. That's not going to work for long because it's too soft.

The right stuff can be purchased from places like McMaster Carr by the foot.

1/8 th inch welding rod...arc, tig or gas and such, if you chose arc, just knock the Flux off.

I have much of that and it comes in various materials. Most common is mild steel rod. Too soft. You need 4130 rod to make it stiff enough to work. There is 4130 welding rod but it's not cheap either.

Thanks, all good info! I have some 1/8" rod cold-rolled steel from the local HW store and will make my first template piece out of that, for proof-of-concept. McMaster-Carr insists on ground service ($90 for 3@ 1/2" lengths of stainless steel) but I'm wrangling with them over shipping costs. There is no ground service here.

i have found out over the years that any of the lee loaders are not for me. i have had many lee standard shell holders break, they were to brittle.

Back