lee hand press

BandeauRouge

what is the expected life span of one of these tiny monsters?

Mine is starting to flex when resizing 357 magnum brass. Enough that the breech lock bushing is starting to release itself.

Replace your worn out breech lock bushing and get back to work [emoji41]

Mine has seen a mix of 308 Winchester, 30-06, 9 mm, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, totaling over 30,000 rounds. Every single round is a five-step process 1)deprime/resize 2) Bell necks 3)prime 4)seat bullet 5)crimp cartridge. Assuming that I didn't make any mistakes I've cycled it over 150,000 times.

Periodically I clean an oil all the moving parts the RAM on mine is slightly sloppy, the ammunition quality is still excellent.

+1 ^

I no longer have mine (upgraded to a bench mounted single stage), but I found that when sizing rifle cases, I'd have to screw the die in a little more than the die instructions due to the inherent "C" press' flex. Adjusted once and worked just fine from then on.

I have two, and use them very frequently. They are very convenient and I can do many things with them while watching TV on the sofa: brass sizing, seating gas checks, bulge busting, etc. One has breech lock and the other doesnt. If I ever do wear one out I will buy another. $53 @ MidwayUSA. But do not try to size machine-gun fired 7.62 on the hand press.

mine was flexing badly on starline 44 magnum. it was visible, almost as much as my index finger is thick..

Never used the "kee a bushing on each die body". To cheap, and the first one i put in somehow jammed up in the release mechanism. Until i had a hornady seater die in this weekend and had the lock ring screw threaded in all the way and unscrewed EVERYTHING out..

Did you try case lube?
My favorite is white Lithium Grease. It dramatically reduces sizing resistance. I loaded 44 Mag, without issues.

Not trying to spend all your money,but carbide dies ,including Lee,make life easier. Lee sells the sizing die seperate,. Midway or Natchez may have one.

I've loaded centerfire rifle with my Lee hand press . Its adequate. I'm not sure what is going on for you. Case lube is a good idea.

Back