Lee Factory Crimp on 9mm and 380 Auto?

tank1949

I reload both 9mm and 380 auto ammo. I thought about buying a Lee factory crimp but it seem more economical to purchase one for the 380 and it will also work for the 9mm. Any thoughts????

the case dimensions are not the same. If you try to use the 380 on 9mm it will wreck it. The lee Factory crimp dies also do a light 2nd resize on the body, not like the lee rifle crimps. You will squish 9mm with that.

Thanks to all. I should have easily noticed that difference, since I have to use a Dillon 380 shell plate reloading 380s and a different 9mm shell plate for 9mm. Duh... A senior moment and I was hoping that I could save a few bucks!

I reload both 9mm and 380 auto ammo.

OK, that said unless you are having a problem with your current loadings why add factory crimp dies. I have several but for rifle and actually never use them. Just curious if your current loadings are working why add a factory crimp die?

Ron

I reload both 9mm and 380 auto ammo.

OK, that said unless you are having a problem with your current loadings why add factory crimp dies. I have several but for rifle and actually never use them. Just curious if your current loadings are working why add a factory crimp die?

Ron
I just ordered one for 9mm. Personally, I am having some problems with mixed brass and a couple casing every 100 or so getting jammed up in the crimp portion of my seat/crimp dies and the die going down and breaking a $2.99 clip every time. This despite me using a case gauge to check them all after resizing... Trying to get things dial in, but I just spent $31.18 shipped to replace the 4 clips I broke and get 2 spares. The lee Die was $25.40 shipped.

I'm using the taper crimp portion to remove mouth flare needed for seating lead bullets...

Thanks for sharing that. I was just curious. Please do say how well the factory crimp die(s) work out for you.

Ron
Should be here Friday. I am hoping to fire up the progressive and get loaded in and see if I can get some ammo loaded without a major hang up like the last 2 times.... I will report back on how it works.

Back