Lee APP and 45 colt.

I expect Lee has: (262) 673-3075. I haven't seen many folks here mention that press and I don't have one, so if you don't get a response, calling Lee may be your best option for an issue with it.

I have de-primed and resized 44mag and 44spl on it using the tube system, close enough.

I'm guessing the rimmed cases don't want to feed into the grabber jaws? The solution we found is to keep the tube full 44 ran fin until the last 1-3casings it needed the weight. Also if it sits on the jaws, tap the back of the jaws on the bottom, it will open them wider and it will drop in.

If not, how can I help?

Last edited:
I expect Lee has: (262) 673-3075. I haven't seen many folks here mention that press and I don't have one, so if you don't get a response, calling Lee may be your best option for an issue with it.
It's a fine press once a person learns it. I'm not crazy about adjusting the height of the drop tubes or changing over calibers, but it gets a resizing, depriming, or mouth flaring job done faster than any other press I have.

I think the reason people aren't talking about it much is people aren't loading as much with the primer shortage. I know I'm not.

@ TruthTellers
I was asking because my 45 Colt would not fit in the tubes, but now I know why. I was using the tubes from the Multi Tube Adapter kit, #90280 in which the tubes inside diameter is .485... to small for 45 Colt.

After a little goofing around, I checked the tubes from the Universal Case Feeder, #90242 and found that the inside diameter in these are .520, so now I'm good to go.

As a side note, I replaced the handle knob with a 2" plastic ball mounted on the right side of the lever but using the same 1/4-20 button head screw... I find it much more comfortable now.

Back