Lee 452 228 1R 6 cavity mold

Vance

I just received this mold from Factory Sales and will say I am impressed for $46.72. It was $32.97 plus $13.75 for shipping. Lee lists it for $53.99 plus shipping but they are out of stock. It has steel alignment pins that fit into steel sleeves in the mating hole. The mold faces are machined well. It did not take me long to get this mold to start throwing very good bullets. Did not take long to empty my Pro Melt. Pics are coming.

They look ready for action, Vance. :D
With a 6-banger, you should be able to cast a pile of em fast! ;)

I got rain here. Casting this weekend is looking kinda "iffy".:(

Looks like some fun soon! You are ready for some shootin'!:)

Still rainy here. I just ran about 600 through the lubesizer with a stick of Carnauba Red, no PC for me today.
I gotta get me one of them garages! ;)

I am using lead recovered from firing range. They dropped at .452 and measured .454 after powder coating. I then sized them down to .451 in my star sizer without any waxy lube.

Lee bullet moulds and electric melting pots are a blessing to us casters on a limited budget. A decent double cavity mould, with handles included for $20.00 allows me to try several different designs for rifles and hand guns.
Even Lyman and RCBS have gotten out of my price range now.

Gary

Be sure those bullets chamber properly in your particular gun. The ogive on the 228's is fat and doesn't follow the same profile as the original 45acp profile. You'll want to play around with OAL on those.

Back