Lee 158gr SWC---

If that`s the TL swc mine drops at 164grs. with WW

Went & looked & I see it`s the Gc swc, I`ve never had that mold ,but most of my Lee molds drop heavier than advertised

Last edited:
Straight WW alloy 160 grs. .359 out of the mold. Your size and weight may vary due to alloy content or from one mold to the next,even between the two cavities on occasion.

Picture028.jpg

The photo may be fooling me, but those look like they have more tin than my local wheel weight metal. Do you know what temperature you are running your pot at? One problem over the last 20 years is that wheel weight composition has changed some and tended to become regional, so yours could be different from mine.

Unclenick the WW came from a Honda dealership we got about three 5 gal. buckets full and have a couple more on the way,me and my casting buddy culled through them to remove all the steel and Zink weight about 30% of the bucket I guess.

We melted the bulk down in a cast iron pot just hot enough to melt the lead,fluxed with old hardwood sawdust,had a couple floaters we missed but skimmed those and the steel clips off with no problems.

I'm running the pot close to 700 degrees,I've played around with the temp back and forth but the Lee mold just preforms better at that temp. I've shot air cooled bullets with this bulk alloy from my 9mm and 357 with no leading problems,I also water drop bullets with the same alloy that I shoot in my SKS and M44,I'm sending a batch of bullet out to a friend in NM who wants to try the TL designs and he is going to test the BHN on the air cooled and water dropped versions.

I haven't been at this to long so I have a lot yet to learn but I'm doing lots of reading getting lots of advice,doing lots of testing and taking it slow before I start cranking out a bulk quantity of bullets.

Back