Leather Mag Pouch for Glock

Northof50

Not certain if this is the right forum or not...

Is anyone using a leather mag pouch for their Glock mags? I've got one from Milt Sparks. I realize there is break in time with leather, but my magazines seem to get caught on the release notch cut into the magazine [I think].

Can't explain how. Simply that when I draw the magazine out, it seems to catch on something in the pouch and will not come out. My last outing at the range, I actually ripped the belt loop off my jeans, as I got so frustrated, I yanked the mag with my strong hand [pouch worn weak side].

As with most things that go wrong in life, I accept it is "user error," but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what. When in hand, the mag comes free from the pouch without issue. When worn - stuck?

Thanks for any input.

In the Ten...

Thanks - looks nice. How does it hook to the belt. Is it a stitched in loop, or snaps? The Milt Sparks has been a real disappointment. But, have found that if a twist the mag [clockwise] a bit, it draws easier. I've also come to believe the belt loop snaps are not the way to go for an outside the waistband holster/mag pouch.

Northof50,

The Single Skin mag carrier has a snap on loop that folds up the back. If my camera was working with this laptop I'd snap and post you a pic.

The snap isn't easy to undo (I'd never undone mine) so it's pretty solid. The mag carrier has two retention screws you can tighten as desired to make the mag more snug or more loose in there.

I wish Andrews Leather made something similar, I like the leather bodyshield he puts on his but he uses belt loops on either side. That would have to make the unit stay in place better but be harder to put on the belt. The Single Skin does move easily either side of the belt but I haven't noticed mine moving unless I wanted it to.

You probably know this but the thicker "gun belt" belts are recommended....mine are 1/4 inch thick and hold my gear very well. Not much use as a tourniquet though.

Back