Lead removal

mutt

Inactive
How do ya'll get the lead out. I'd tried about everything except the Lewis tool, but am still having trouble with my Colts. Thanks for any info..MUTT

Go down to your grocer and pick up some "Chore Boy" scouring copper. You want the soapless type. Cut off a piece and wrap it around an old copper brush. Cleans out the lead real fast.

Lewis Lead Remover: used to be made independently but now I believe that Brownells holds the name. I think Hoppes or Outers also makes a clone of the original. Great for getting lead out of the barrel and forcing cone. Quantrill

The Lewis tool is really just a piece of copper screen with a rubber plug behind it that you pull though the bore.

It does a good job, but I've found that the ChoreBoy copper scouring pad mentioned earlier does as good or better job of getting the lead out of the bore. The Lewis tool, or at least the one that was marketed by Hoppes, also had a forcing cone plug that allowed you to scrubb the lead off of the forcing cone too - which is a good idea.

Thanks

Thanks for the info fellers, I'm on my way shortly to Wally World to look for copper gold. Thanks again........MUTT

Back