Lead Removal Bore Cleaner?

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

Any suggestions for a good liquid bore cleaner that will remove lead? Thanks.

Regards,
Frank

I've found that the two best lead removers are not liquids. The first is the pull-thru Lewis (now Hoppe's) Lead Remover. The second is Outer's Foul-Out (or FO II, or FO III). The Foul-Out will remove more lead than you would believe could be in the bore. (Ok, the Foul-Out uses a liquid but only as an ion exchange.)

While the foulout unit is great, it is a bit pricey.

One of the best cleaners I have found for lead and copper is IOSSO Bore Paste.

I apply it to a rectangular patch over a bore brush and it cleans incredibly well - even the area in front of the chamber.

This stuff is non abrasive so no worry there.

Unwind a Chore Girl or similar brass potscrubber. Wind 1 or 2 strands through and around the bristles on a bore brush, wet with Hoppe's or whatever, and scrub. It won't hurt the bore, the lead comes right out, and the price is right. Renew as needed. :D Thanks and a tip o' the hat to Veral Smith...

------------------
The Bill of Rights, and the Golden Rule are enough for civilized behavior. The rest is window dressing. Shoot carefully, swifter...

Concur with above about Chore Girl/Boy. I do the same stuff myself and find it the easiest way to remove the leading. And yes, thank you Veral Smith.

Back