Le Page

Captchee

i have had a couple e-mails about posting photos of different guns i have built . since there is alot of threads here on the forums about pistols , i thought maybe this le Page might interest some of you .
Cal = 45
Barrel = Oregon barrels , fluted by myself
Stock = Purple hart
Trigger = custom single set
Rear sight = period style Le Page adjustable
Hardware is German silver and polished steel
Lock = custom built by myself
Box = Teak , velvet lined
All loading hardware is forged iron with silver tooling . Handles are all purple hart
Loading rod is ebony with purple hart pommel

DSC00798_zps075f5181.jpg

DSC00803_zps7a4c4254.jpg

DSC00806_zps3e2f5478.jpg

DSC00813_zps9103054a.jpg

DSC00816_zps9825ca99.jpg

DSC00809_zps202a7220.jpg

The entire piece is absolutely beautiful and exemplifies true craftsmanship. The standout to me is the dog head hammer, I love it.

Damn Captchee....when you gonna show us the good stuff?? Guys', I know this hombre too well not to flick some sh-t at him. Charlie, your work is gettin better and better all the time, I really like the dog head on the hammer !!

^^^

I noticed that dog head too. The more I look at this pistol, the more amazed I am. One of the most if not the most beautiful I have ever seen. Spectacular craftsmanship!

Birch

Damn Captchee....when you gonna show us the good stuff?? Guys', I know this hombre too well not to flick some sh-t at him. Charlie, your work is gettin better and better all the time, I really like the dog head on the hammer !!

I have to agree. His carving and wire inlay is extraordinary and his engraving and metal work is top shelf.

Fantastic !!!

That is absolutely beautiful work and dedication. .... :)
You even timed your screws ..... :eek:

Thanks and;
Be Safe !!!

thanks for the kind words .
it was a joy to build . i had my reservations about using purple hart but i think it turned out ok and frankly rather light for the wood being so heavy

That is certainly a beautiful creation! You really have to swell up with pride when you take a look at that and realize you "did it all"!

I'm sure you don't know as it was probably a "labor of love" . . . but just curious . . . do you have any idea of the hours you have in it from start to finish?

Great photos . . thank you so much for sharing with us! :)

as i recall around 300 on the pistol . doesnt include making the box , tools or engraving. also doesnt take into account 2 months of trying to figure out just how the Hell , le Page made that rear sight to work properly in such a small space.
from start to finish i was working on it on and off for around 9 months

Back