LCR line expansion?

Radny97

With all the major roll outs Ruger is doing lately (Mark IV, new calibers for GP100 and Redhawk) I was hoping we might see some expansion of the LCR line. Here's hoping for some additional calibers in the LCRx and new barrel lengths. Fingers crossed. :)

They might do that, but it won't be for another year or more.

Something tells me it's not high on the priority list given they've had the 3 inch .38 LCRx out for 2 years and have added NOTHING to that product line.

And it's not like it would be difficult to put together. The frame needs be no different than the .38 LCRx's, the cylinders you just take from the currently made .22 LCR, and you just make the barrel insert and shroud longer.

It's really easy for them to do and they are losing my money not doing it.

I'm sure it will happen at some point. The LCR line of revolvers is very popular. Maybe Ruger has been waiting a bit for the recent shortage of rimfire ammo to ease up a bit. Doesn't make sense to offer new rimfire revolvers and have ammo be difficult to obtain.

The obvious addition would be longer barrel revolvers in the LCRx line, chambered in 22LR AND 22WMR

And since we are just throwing ideas, how about a few of these with threaded barrels. I would love to suppress a 22 LR revolver, simply for the novelty of it...

I also would love to see a few extra models in the LCRX line like 327mag and 9mm's with a 3 or 4 inch barrel would be a nice.

Oh yeah, a .327 Magnum LCRx with a 4 inch barrel would be great. The stuff I've heard about the SP101 triggers don't instill me with confidence and really, I'd rather have a revolver that weighs 20oz instead of 30oz, especially when I'm mostly going to shoot .32 S&W Long out of it.

Same goes for the .22 LCRx.

I am surprised that they have not yet brought out a K/L equivalent on that design. Don't want to take sales away from GP made on paid for equipment?

"Oh yeah, a .327 Magnum LCRx with a 4 inch barrel would be great. The stuff I've heard about the SP101 triggers don't instill me with confidence..."

Yeah, I bought a 4" SP101 in 327 when they came out. The trigger stinks. I would jump all over 1 4" LCRx in 327.

Model12win said:
I have my fingers crossed for a 6" version with a rail for mounting a scope for hunting, .357 magnum of course.
WTH? :confused: Um, yeah, I'm sure that one is just about to pop out of the chute. :rolleyes:

seeker_two said:
LCRx .357Mag with a 3" barrel, please......
But that one I would like to see. :)

I am surprised that they have not yet brought out a K/L equivalent on that design. Don't want to take sales away from GP made on paid for equipment?
I think they've been too busy focusing on other products to bother. This year they were focused on cranking out a better, easier field strip Ruger Mark pistol to compete with the S&W Victory. The Vicotry clearly scared Ruger because they whipped out the Mark IV faster than anything I've ever seen Ruger develop and run production on. Then there was the LCP II.

Last year it was all about the Ruger American and Precision rifle. The year before that it was the LCP Custom and striker fired LC9.

So, point is Ruger's not focused much on the revolver the past few years. Yeah, they finally came out with the .327 LCR, did make the .38 LCRx, and cut a circle in the .45 Colt Redhawk's cylinder for moon clips, but that's not as big a task as developing a K or L frame size equivalent revolver that's got a polymer frame.

I don't really even care if Ruger makes the LCR in a larger frame size than what's available now, I'd be perfectly happy with the same frame size, I just want a longer barrel and the LCRx's grip for .22 LR and .327 Mag.

And like I said, that would require little work to make happen.

I wonder if they could stuff the new .41 Special load in their? Perhaps not, but if not, bring out a LCR scaled precisely to that caliber, with a compact cylinder. It'd be like having a .40 S&W revolver but without the need for moon clips or strange extractor systems.

I just read that Ruger will be adding a 327 Federal mag LCR. It will be built on the slightly larger 357 LCR frame and will be a six shooter.:cool:

Back