Laws on Hunting while consuming Alcohol???

lisey12

Inactive
Need some help....have searched everywhere on internet for laws...proof....I'm in the state of Iowa...Is it illegal to hunt while consuming alcohol? Need actual law...cannot find

I think anyone will tell you that consuming alcohol while hunting is not a good idea. In fact, it's a really dumb idea. Us common sense and don't consume alcohol before a hunt, consume after you have made it back form the field either in consolation or celebration.

Last edited:
Couldn't tell ya if hunting while consuming alcohol is illegal, but I'm pretty certain possessing a firearm while consuming alcohol will get yer gun taken away and a free ride to jail.......or it is in AK and I've given out a few of those rides.

My advice is don't be a stupid hillbilly and drink while handling a firearm.

I'm not consuming it...have a man sitting under my tree stand drinkin....and i want to find a way legally to get him out of there...property belongs to father in law..he gave permission to hunt on his property also..Have lots and lots of beer cans present

Don't know if it's legal or not, but I do know it's a damned stupid thing to do. I've seen more than my fair share of hunters quafting a few either during hunting or before.

Is he carting the beer cans out? If not, he's littering, and that's a good reason to deny him access to the property.

Father in law has to do that and he hasn't so far....things have come up missing out of tree stand and now afraid he will take tree stand.....I know that if that happens then can press theft charges....Guess I will just contact the dnr in my state and ask them...thanks for help

Call me old fashioned, but anyone consuming alcohol while in direct possession or using a firearm should have it confiscated. Absolutely nothing good can come of it.

With the right to bear arms also comes the responsibility.

Back