Lawful carry (oc or cc) in AR national forest?

YounGun24

First off, before you tell me to go check www.hangunlaw.us, I have...several times. I'm specifically asking if anyone here is from Arkansas (and familiar with LE) or has been through this situation:

My wife and I are wanting to do a weekend hiking/caping trip end of next month. We were looking at a National Forest in Arkansas that is only a few hours drive away. I checked handgunlaw.us and there is a tan "we're not sure" color under National forests in AR. I checked the forest's website and i didn't see a No-Gun rule. However they state that there have been numorous incidents of illegal immigrants and drug dealers roaming campsites at night. They say that "for safety's sake, if you are hikng and come across a meth-lab, avoid it. These people can be armed and dangerous." I didn't know whether to think that was funny or scary.

So now, I am definatley wanting to know if I can carry into this area or not. Open or Concealed. I had planned on taking a small gun for emergency wildlife defense, but after reading about drug dealers, I definatley want to take one of my guns.

So, does anyone know what AR laws are concerning National forests?

First of all - you're worrying too much. I've hiked and camped over most of western Arkansas and never been bothered by dangerous wildlife or drug dealers. It's been a couple years, but I'm sure it hasn't escalated as much as the website might have you believe.

With that said, you can CC in Arkansas National Forests with a reciprocity permit.

Back