"Law Grabber and Game Grabber" ammo

WETSU

Does anyone know anything about this ammunition. I posted on the handgunning board, but the ammo is available in 12gauge, .308 as well as 9mm and .45 It has a hollow point bullet supposedly with "teeth" that act as a spinning "hole saw". Loaded to +P specs. Available from Shomer Tech for about $24 a box of 20. Anybody try this stuff? Any written tests, info etc? Who manufactures this stuff?

I bought a box of the 9mm for experimentation. It wouldn't feed reliably in a HKP7, Walther P99 or a Ruger P94.

About every third round would hang-up going into the chamber.

In the Shomer-Tech catalog, check out the 'Buck-and-ball' load in the 12 gauge section. It is absolutly fantastic stuff--my Mossberg is loaded with it now.

LawDog

Those "teeth" don't do anything to aid penetration, they certainly don't act as a "buzzsaw" or anything like that.
I know the ad's emphasize the high rotational speed of the bullet (something like 60,000 rpm) but that doesn't matter.

The bullet only makes 1 turn for every (let's say) twelve inches it travels forward.
So, in the scenario of shooting a deer, the bullet will only make one or two revolutions on it's way through the 18-24 inches of tissue. (Shooting from the side, measurement is from shoulder to shoulder.)

It's a neat advertising gimick, but that's all it is.
Bullets go through stuff whether they're pointed or not. Just look at LRN or FMJ bullets.
It's interesting, when I first saw that ad I asked someone online what the scoop was too.
Neat! :) -Kframe

You took the words right out of my mouth, Kframe. The gimmick has been tried, and disproved before. Works better with broadheads & bows, but still ify.

------------------
The Bible is my lawbook. I turn the other cheek when applicable, and spend the rest of my days resisting evil at every front, until I have breathed my last breath.

I also would recomend the Shomer-tec Buck and Ball load. It is also marketed as the Pitbull load by another company. The load is a musket ball and six 00 buckshot pellets. The idea was first used by British colonials in Maylaysia, apparently the load worked well for the Brits.

Thanks guys. I figured it was probably a marginal load. Otherwise we would hear more about it. Yeah, the keyhole saw thing got me too. The bullet only spins as fast as it's rifling twist, but I supose the statement could be true over a couple hundred yards, but not during 12 inches of penetration, or upon impact. Thanks again.

Back