Lathe and Mills

oberkommando

Could someone tell me what brands are good quality for home shop use. Dont want flimsy or cheaply made and prefer US or European.
Also dont want a sony digital bridgeport type CNC machine listed as there is no way in hell I will ever afford one. Thinking in the area of 10-20,000.00 dollars each. Didnt know if there were any made this cheap that were very good quality.

Would like floor standing

I have a fairly large tool and die shop in my plant. When I saw the need to start replacing some of the old worn out machines the first place I looked was for US made equipment. Talk about sticker shock! I took a chance and bought a Taiwan made Vertical Mill. Think I paid around $5,000 for it. Ten years later it is still going strong. I have since purchased two more verticals and three lathes ranging in size from 12 x 48 to 24 x 120". They are all made in Taiwan. It is my understanding two factories make 90% of the equipment there. One thing I have on all of them is a digital position indicator. For $10,000 you can have a nice vertical mill and lathe.

Back