Latest Gun Shop Score

mk70ss

HIhr5z9l.jpg

Browsing the local gun shop and found a S&W 559 9mm. It was a Kentucky State Trooper’s gun. All steel, nice honest wear, but in great condition. Being a retired LEO myself, I love finding these type of guns.

Last edited:
Sadly I bought several older Sigs in years past and passed over quite a few S&Ws. On my short list is a couple of the 80's S&W PC pistols but I know they are quite expensive now days. Very nice pick up, if you compare most of the older pistols to the crap they are putting out now you really have to wonder why anyone would buy a new pistol. ;)

That’s a nice old 2Gen S&W, and the beauty part is that new double-stack mags are available everywhere for it. Finding mags for the single single stack Smith’s and the .40 & .45 calibers are getting like hen’s teeth.

Back when I bought my Sig P6 I learned my lesson in buying old ex-LEO service pistols, that is to make sure you can still get good magazines for it. You can keep the ProMags, I now have 7 OEM mags that all work great.

mk70ss: Interesting, rock solid gun. How is the stock DA trigger pull?

JDBerg: Weeks ago a second P6 ('80) joined my other P6 ('01) and P225 ('87).
Luckily the first P6 included about five mags, and the odds of ever spotting one in our ShootPointBlank (or any other Memphis gun store) were very, Very slim.

The P6 was West German Police surplus, I bought mine back wen you could buy as many as you wanted for $319 with 3 OEM mags and the manual written in German.

Back