Late Father's Day Range Trip

BigMikey76

My son had to get new glasses right before Father's day, so he had to wait for another paycheck and give me my present yesterday - a nice lunch out and an all expenses paid trip to the firing range. We took my .22 rifles and my handguns, and we had a blast (pun intended). He had shot my .22s before, but not the handguns, since he had already moved out of the house before I bought them. I showed him how they function and had him do some dry fire with them at the house before going out, and I was amazed at how well he did. It took him a couple of mags to really settle in with my PT111, but he put all 12 into a 3" group at 5 yards with the third mag. He was shooting dead on from the first shot with my P-07. To me, that was a real testimony as to the inherent shootability of the CZ design. Of course, it didn't hurt that the CZ is a little heavier and has a fuller grip. He will be 21 in December, and he has decided that he wants his first handgun purchase to be something in the P-07 size category.

We managed to burn through 300 rounds of 9mm and 100 of the .22 (I didn't want to use too much of my .22 stash, since it is still hard to come by). It was a couple of weeks late, but that was a Father's Day outing worth waiting for.

My son has spent some more time shooting with me lately. My expenditure on ammo has increased about a third and that doesn't include the free meal he usual gets out of the deal, but it is all worth it. Time at the range with the kids...priceless.

Fly

Big Mikey 76,thanks for my being able to relive this past Fathers Day shooting with my son on the farm.Late but Great! :D

Back