Last year of production...?

Rainbow Six

What was the last year of production for the RUGER POLICE SERVICE-SIX ? Also, since this one is my first and I know nothing about them, is there a non-police version of the Service-Six? I don't know that I have ever even seen one before today. :)

Just curious... Thanks in advance.

R6

I have heard that there is an almost identical twin to the service-six, known as the security-six.

Yeah, I've seen some Security Six's before but until today I had only heard of the Service Six. It's usually not very hard to find a Security Six around here but I haven't seen any really nice ones lately. I don't know the technical/mechanical differences between the two though.

I've read posts on TFL about Service Six's so I'm sure that it's just a matter of time before some kind and knowledgeable soul gives us the straight poop on the Service Six. :D

R6

Police Service Six......model 107, .357mag, disc 1988.
.................................model 109, 9mm para, disc 1984

Police Service Six Stainless Steel...model 707, .357mag, disc 1988
......................................................model 708, .38spec , disc 1988

Sam:)

I knew somebody would come through. Thanks! That means my new baby is at least +/- 13 years old and still like new. Schweeeeeet! :)

R6

Rainbow Six,
Call Ruger they will tell you exactly when that particular model you have was manufactured. All you need to do is give them the ser.#. I just picked up a security six in .357, condition is 95% they are like all used Rugers RARE to find around here I have been wanting one for at least a year to go along with my GP100:) I only got this one cause the guy couldn't afford to take it off lay-away. BTW, I called Ruger and mine was manufactured in 1983.
Good Luck,

Back