Last Minute Turkey Hunt

artsmom

"Well, we ain't going to get anything sitting on this couch.", said my son's friend to my son after a long season with no luck at all. Three hours later, they ended up like this:

I guess the moral of the story is that quitters never win and winners never quit...and when the Good Lord decides it is time for someone to get some turkeys, He can send them in by the flocks!

good for them

One of my standard comments, "you won't kill one settin' at the house" (or diner, or gun shop.......etc.

Congrats to those to young fellas......who are likely ruined for life.

I never could figure out why so many hunters think they're going to get something in the house. Even when you're not seeing turkeys (or deer, etc) they're still out there and they aren't in a house. Got to get out to see them. Congrats on two nice birds.

I am guilty of that. If I don't get a deer near my home (it does happen often) with my 357 magnum rifle then I don't go out looking for them much. In the past I have gone out on the Selway (not that far from my home) with one of my 45-70 marlins but I have to admit its been a few years. Unless I have some one pushing me I am more likely to sit at the computer and read/wright about hunting/shooting...

I am guilty of that. If I don't get a deer near my home (it does happen often) with my 357 magnum rifle then I don't go out looking for them much. In the past I have gone out on the Selway (not that far from my home) with one of my 45-70 marlins but I have to admit its been a few years. Unless I have some one pushing me I am more likely to sit at the computer and read/wright about hunting/shooting...

I've got to say, it gets harder with age. We acquire more wisdom and knowledge but the trade off is motivation. I hear what you're saying. Some times I have to push myself to get going. After I get there I'm glad I got out. I want to be like my dad.....he got his last deer with the bow at age 84. After he passed, a lot of my motivation must have gone with him. It was impossible to tell the old guy I didn't feel like going out when he was ready to go. Kept me going.

Back