Lasermax guide rod lasers

Quite expensive and I prefer to run the factory version of something so critical. If you really want a laser, crimson trace would be a better option.

I have one in a G27; it was on the gun when I bought it which was about 7 years ago. It works great and still using the same batteries. Can't compare it to the grip laser as I have never used them.

it was on the gun when I bought it which was about 7 years ago. It works great and still using the same batteries.

How often do you shoot? I have zero experience with them, but have always been intrigued by them. I would imagine that the batteries are quite small to fit in a guide rod, and seven years of battery life is very impressive.

How often do you shoot? I have zero experience with them, but have always been intrigued by them. I would imagine that the batteries are quite small to fit in a guide rod, and seven years of battery life is very impressive.

I haven't shot very often until recently and then I only use the laser about half the time. You can turn it on/off with the take down tab on the Glock.

Lasermax units.....

A sworn deputy I worked with in the 2000s told me the local sheriff's office(with approx 1200 sworn personnel) T&Eed a few laser aimers & lasers.
He said the Lasermax worked far better than the CT lasergrips under regular LE/SWAT duty conditions.
Extreme weather(cold, snow, ice, low temps) aren't a big factor where I live but humidity, high temps & condensation/moisture/sweat can be big problems.

In 2014, Id get a green laser unit over a CT lasergrip or even a Lasermax.
I'm not thrilled with the pulse type Lasermax, I prefer a steady beam; red or green.

I've had a Lasermax on my G21 for nearly twelve years and it has worked well. I do have to replace the plastic battery caps every several years due to cracking, but they still work even when cracked.

My wife has had a Lasermax on her Beretta 92 for the same amount of time. It went dim two months out of warranty, so I contacted Lasermax and told them it had less than a hundred rounds through the gun since the laser had been installed. They had me ship it back for inspection. They agreed that the Lasermax showed almost no wear, and shipped her a new one. It hasn't had any issues at all.

I like that Lasermaxs don't need to be "sighted in" (except for 1911 models). Both of ours are just as accurate as the day we got them, and the company replacing the dim one said a lot about their customer service. The downside is that they are pricey compared to other options, but they are well made.

Back