Laserlyte Laser Training Device

ks_wayward_son

Anyone use one of these for training? I would mostly be looking at using it for handgun practice. It has a constant "on" mode and sound activation options. Seems like it would be an excellent way to practice proper sight picture (constant on) and trigger control (with sound activation). Input appreciated.

The only ones I am familiar with, are those that are built onto a rifle. We use them during our hunter safety classes. These are primailly used for teaching proper muzzle control. For sone reason, Dazie comes to mind. (Spelling ???).

Be Safe !!!

The Pro model looks interesting. The old model sticks way out past the end of the barrel. Hard to say without using it, but I see some possible merit there.

http://www.laserlyte.com/New_Products/New_LT-PRO.html

ETA - check out this review, it appears that the sound sensitivity is pretty high and it will probably also "fire" when you rack the slide and/or cock the hammer. Still seems possibly interesting. They also have caliber specific models that load into the chamber and don't protrude at all.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/laserlyte_LT-Pro.htm

Last edited:
I haven't use the Laserlyte but I do use the CT.

Yes its a great training tool. Pick a spot on the wall and dry fire. When you first start you'll see the dot jump all over the place. Pretty soon you'll get your trigger control down where it doesn't jump.

Now hear is a little experiment. Before you use the Laser, go out and fire a couple clips/cylinders full of ammo. Save the target. Now go into the house, or somewhere else, dry fire for a while using the laser. Then go back out side and shoot again. Compare the targets. That will tell you the laser is worth its weight in gold as a training tool.

My back yard range is pretty bright (lots of sun in Wyoming) Can't see the laser for most of my shooting. But I do dry fire a lot with my 642. I can really tell the difference if I slack off on my dry firing.

The pro model is great for practicing point shooting as it allows you to see your hit. The down side is only one flash is possible out of my Glock until I re cock the gun.

Back