Laser Range Finder

Sierra

I am interested in getting a laser range finder. I am looking at the 800 yard ones. Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they accurate? Are they rugged? How about battery life?

i got a bushnell 400.one of the first ones out.

nice for what i use it for.pretty accurate for my short distances.
(archery)

had it a couple of 3yrs.now.only on 2nd battery.

i think it was money well spent:)

i'm not quite sure about the new ones,but they sure are small:cool:

hope this might shed a little light for you.

clown

It's like cheating but it is great for my accuracy when hunting. I know the ballistic table for my pet load quite well and the rangefinder tells me exactly where to aim to get my desired results. I've got one of the old first generation Bushnell 400's but I have no complaints.

Range Finders

I have used many types of rangefinders.

I bought a Leica. I could not be happier.

Small, accurate and easy to use. Besides, the optical quality is excellent.

Just got my Leica LRF 1200 rangefinder. Haven't had one before but this Leica 1200 surely is a fine instrument. I've ranged trees, bushes, and autos to 1000 yards plus. Ranged a water tower at 980 yards, took 3 steps forward and it read 977 yards. It's supposed to be a better and more powerful laser than the Leica 800 which got great reviews. If you search the internet for Leica rangefinders you will find prices from $469 down to $393 for the Leica 1200. It's a little steep but you won't be sorry. Can't comment on other brands but the 1200 yard Leica is a good unit. Only complaints I've heard is that it doesn't have a camera type tripod mount with a threaded insert. It is a little hard to hold steady trying to scan a small target at long range. Comes with a cordura belt carry case and a camera type neck-wrist strap.

Back