Laser Grips: Crimson Trace, Hogue, or ??

I bought Crimson because it was available years ago and it extended the grip for the 642. No other reason.

No experience with the Hogue’s, last time I looked the ones I was thinking about buying as a present for Mrs micro nine were a pre order item so I got the CT ones. I have 4 CT’s 2 green & two older red ones before green was available. I’ll never buy red ones again. Also, the batteries for life from CT is an added benefit & I replace mine every year.

I have at least six sets of CT grips on J-frames and a K6S that I own or have given away. Never one problem and every year I call and they send batteries. I believe S&W now owns CT.
I have no experience with Hogue but I do have a lot of their grips and knives and everything has been of the highest quality.

I have three CT's. I managed to get all three at very good sale prices, below the prices I see for Hougues. It is pure speculation when I say that maybe CT offered those sale prices in order to compete with Hogue. I have not tried Hogue laser grips because they didn't make them for the guns I wanted to equip. I see that they now have a green laser grip for an LCRX, and that the price is in the same ballpark as the regular price for CT's grip for the same gun.

The CTs work. They hold their point of aim and the battery life so far has been excellent. I'll second or third the recommendation for green lasers. They are much easier to see in daylight.

The Hogues are probably as good as CTs. Hogue has been around for a long time and has a very good reputation. I've used their grips on other handguns. But if you're not in a hurry, watch the vendor sites, like Midway or Brownell's, for sale prices on either of them.

For which gun? Unless you have a N frame, go with the Hogue. The CT grips are gigantic. I have 'em on my 627 and think about taking them off every time I carry the thing.

Back