Las Vegas - Out of State Shooting Restrictions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike H

Guys,

Some of you were recently kind enough to furnish me with some excellent info. regarding gun rental stores in Las Vegas (as I'm due there shortly). I've heard from other sources however that you cannot even handle a handgun in NV without some form of state ID. Can someone confirm if this is true as it would be a blow to my hopes of trying out some new guns/ammunition combinations whilst I'm there.

Thanks in advance

------------------
Mike H

That's pure BS. My wife and I were there in September for a vacation and I went to a firing range/gun store on Tropicana Blvd. (I can't remember the name of the store now) and I rented a .380 and fired it at the range. All I had to have was was a valid driver's license, which, in my case, was issued in Colorado. They held the license while I fired the pistol, and then it was returned to me when I finished.

BTW, this store also rents full-auto rifles, if you're into that sort of thing. Personally, I think it's a big waste of ammo;
but I can see trying it out if you've never fired one before. I fired auto in the U.S. Army and I couldn't hit much. I liked semi-auto fire much better.

Good luck on your trip and have fun. Let us know what you end up shooting.
DAL

------------------
Reading "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, should be required of every politician and in every high school.

DAL: Full-auto is how you turn money into noise. It's God's way of telling you that you have too much money--in which way it resembles cocaine...

But it's fun, fun, fun! And with the right critter and some training and practice it is a very effective combat weapon...

:), Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back