Larranaga Shotgun

Thee Doctor

Inactive
I'm trying to get any info I can on this shotgun that belongs to a friend. It's 20ga. The barrels are stamped "KASSNAR IMPORTS - HARRISBURG, PA" and "MIGUEL LARRANAGA-plocemcio-MADE IN SPAIN". The ser# is 92327 and it is engraved with a dog/bird hunting scene. It has 2 external hammers, 2 triggers and 20" side by side barrels. Can you help me date and value this shotgun? Thank you very much.

As far as I know the importer in question, Kassnar Arms, has been out of business for quite a while. According to my books, Larranga was most recently imported by Toledo Arms. They made backaction sidelock, sidelock, and boxlock actions. They all came with engraving from light to fancy, with double triggers and checkered wood. Basically everything from utilitarian to fancy.
Can't help with current pricing but origianl pricing in 1950 was from $US34 to $US90.

Just a hint though, when identifying a firearm on a public forum, you should x out the last couple of digits in the serial number (#923xx) for the owner's security.

Back