Large caliber C+R revolvers?

cpileri

Large caliber C+R revolvers?
Any around in 45 LC? 45 ACP? 44 spl? or something "large"?
I know the *&* Victory is in 38 SPL. Anything more meaty?

aside: price range on same? (if they exist)

C-

There's always the Webley .455, many were converted to shoot .45ACP, which is a lot easier to get. FWIW, there are tons of C&R revolvers, I'd suggest you get something like the Standard Catalog of Firearms and start at page 1. :)

Sorrowfully, no- - -

I don't believe I've seen any .45 ACP revolvers since the Brazillian Contract S&W 1917s.

Problem with this is that I don't believe anyone but the U.S. ever used the .45 Colt for a military service sidearm. And, what? TWO models only--The 1909 and the Colt SAA. Fewer 1909s made than SAAs, and we KNOW what the market is on those!

I keep on hoping for some .455 Webleys to be released again. I would dearly LOVE to have a MK IV, 4" birdshead handle, and the classic MK VI 6", both in original .455 AND one of each already modified to use .45 ACP.

There were also some S&W Hand Ejectors in .455 used for law enforcement out in the hinterlands.

Also, a minor caveat - - - The V-Model S&Ws you mention were indeed in .38 Spl, but some are being advertised by Southern Ohio Gun which are NOT .38 Spl, but .38 S&W caliber--The old British .380/200, I guess. Still a good gun, and quite a good buy, but one should not purchase one thinking to get a .38 Spl.

Good luck to us all. If you find anything, plese let me know.;)

Bes,
Johnny

Or......44 Smith n Wesson Russian. All componants available for reloading and only a little less punchy than the .44 special.

Finding one that is safe to shoot could be a challange.

Sam

Colt and S&W Model 1917s are certainly C&R and, last time I checked, they were revolvers. Also pre-WWII SAAs and a heap of other stuff but some pretty expensive.

Jim

Back