LAR Grizzly .50 BMG

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
I am considering making an offer for a LAR Grizzly chambered in .50 BMG. The rifle has a RealTree coating and has about 150 rds fired. Anyone familiar with this rifle? What's your opinion? And what is a fair price for the rifle?

Spartacus,

I had the opportunity to "fondle" one in my local dealer's shop about a month ago. It was NIB. The quality of the workmanship was superb. The bolt lock up was clean and tight (which it should be). Fit of all components was equivalent to that which I've observed on some of the more critical aero-space components. It was one of those very distressing moments in my life, where overt desire is constrained by resource limitations. So, I sighed, handed it back to the prorietor, and wrote the check for the SSG P-II w/ ZfM-94. The half-bore stump thumper was long gone by my next paycheck... sniffle... whine...

(ps: the price at that time was $2500, but this was right about the time the nutters started clamoring about the danger of such tools to the children, small pets and other domesticated household appliances.)
------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited August 23, 1999).]

The dealer where I get most of my hardware also offers a CCW class: 12 hours academic, 8 hours range time. One of the most popular features of the class is the Round Robin, in which every student gets to fire 3 rounds from a variety of guns: a .380, a 9mm pistol, an Uzi, a .40, a 1911, an AK-47, an AR-15, a .38/.357 (3 rounds each), a 20-ga, a 12-ga, and a flintlock (yes, really). The students are supervised by instructors who point out the features of each gun. I usually handle the Uzi. The ammo is provided by the dealer.

I asked Paul after last Sunday's class if I could bring a .50 for the Round Robin. He laughed and said, "Sure, but I'm not providing the ammo for that! You got one?"

"No," sez I, "but I'm looking at the BFG-50 and a reloading setup. I'd only give the students one shot each, of course."

Paul sez, "That's about all most of them would *want* to take."

Dunno about that. Most of the students fall in love with the Uzi, even though I have to help the smaller ones hold it up. I'm guessing they'd be ecstatic at getting the chance to fire a *real* high-powered gun.

------------------
Compromise: opting to be sodomized with a 36"
Black Mamba wrapped in 200-grit sandpaper instead
of 100-grit.

Hey, Rob, does your wife watch daytime TV?

Rosie told her to turn in all your guns, then. Maybe she decided to go one better and sell them instead. :)

"fondle" "clean and tight" - Mykl, you're a pervert. ;)

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited August 26, 1999).]

the BFG doesn't have the m82a1 barretts short recoil system so it won't be as smooth shooting...
here is a realvideo stream of a barrett 82 in rapid fire http://click-stream.com/barrett/barrett.ram
compare that to this dude & his barrett 95 video: http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/barrett_m95.mov

he's a big guy and the 95 nearly pushes him back off the bench after 5 rounds

but the BFG is $1250
the 82 is $6800
a barrett 99 big shot is $2800

my budget says the BFG or the 50 bmg AR15 upper...

dZ

Back