Lakeside .22 mini machine guns

Another shooter at my local range has a transferable Tipman 1919 belt-fed .22 lr. replica. The gun worked like a charm with belt dums. I'm think that lakeside guns is the same company.

Kenneth Lew

You did notice that the guns listed are NOT machineguns, correct? $3,000 for a semi-automatic 22 is a bit much.

So far as I can tell, Lakeside picked up production after Tippman went paintball. Cursed ban. I want one!

Thought these were cool myself

Still do...But for $3000 you can buy TWO semiauto converted 1919A4s, or build FOUR from parts kits....course ammo is a bit pricier, but I'd just as soon have the "real thing" (well, as close as I can get legally).

I was just thinking about the ammo issue also. One of the toys I have wanted for some time is a semi M2. A thousand rounds of .50 BMG is at least $1K, where as a thousand rounds of .22 LR is about $20. Still, for the price, I think I would want the real thing. Now, if these firearms were about $1K, then I would consider them.

hmm those do look very cool but id rather just buy a gatling gun kit for 2 10/22 and mak eit moterized...not the same but much cheaper

Awhile back, I contacted the manufacturer of a gatling kit about making one powered by a bicycle... His response? If I want to do that, I'd better find another supplier because he won't help.

I'm guessing a bike-powered gatling is illegal, and a motorized one? Let's just say I like being outside those bars... Y'know?

yeah yeah well i relized its would be pointless because you styill have to use normal 30 round magazines...but do i need a license jsut for the gatling gun kit???

A bicycle operated mechanism would most likely be legal. Hand cranked gatling guns and hand cranks to actuate the trigger quickly are legal as semi-autos (they only produce one shot per pull of the trigger). A motorized version is illegal as BATF views the switch turning on the motor as the trigger, NOT the trigger of the firearm which is actuated by the motorized crank. That's a very important distinction. Thus, once you turn that motor on, you have pulled or actuated the legal "trigger" so every shot released thereafter is considered as part of that initial trigger pull - thus a machinegun.

Last edited:
Go figure, Shaggy... I'm giving it 80% odds right now that he just wanted to cover his a** in case bad things happened... Not that that's a bad thing.

The ones for sale to the general public are all semi-autos. The machineguns are either Dealer Samples or not for sale. A transferrable Browning machinegun sells for $20,000 and up.

Back