Lakeland Gun Show

Don P

Sort of a mixed bag so I placed this here. For those in Florida the Lakeland Rifle & Pistol Club has three shows a year and it was a real pleasure this weekend to see Fred Thompson at the show on Saturday walking the crowd and shaking hands.He has his table set up next to the NRA's. The man has my vote!

I like Fred Thompson too.

He might not be perfect. But hes a hell of a lot better than Rudy or Romney. Fred has my vote 100%.

I like how hes working the base... Rudy would not dare show up at a gun show- he would he laughed right out of the place.

Fred Thompson 08!

I like Fred and I bought my very first gun an the Lakeland gun show. I think it was in 1977 when I was 18 years old, and the rifle was a Remington 700 ADL in 270 Win. I still have it and it is my favorite bolt rifle to this day. I told my father after I had bought the rifle. He was upset, but asked what I got. When I told him he just said "hmmm" and the closest to a smile I ever saw. Even more of a hint of a smile than when I made the deans list at University of Florida for all my senior year in Electrical Engineering. He was stern in accordance with the era, but I could tell when he smiled. He never told me why he liked the .270 or the Remington 700. He has been gone for almost 18 years so I will never know. I think he would like Fred though.

Back