Labeling ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADIDAS69

Recently I came across the DAA shell casings marking system which made me think I needed something a bit more fun. I’d like to emblazon my shell casings g with a vulgarity the “F-word” so that upon emptying a magazine I can truly say I’ve no more “F’s” to give. I’m leaning toward laser marking, meaning I would apply a thin film and the laser would remove the film in the desired shape leaving the brass in etched. I’ve also been trying to think of a reusable stencil or stamp but can’t figure out a practical way of doing thousand of casings with any quickness. Thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Any laser marking material will increase the diameter of the casing.

Unless you're firing them in a sloppy chamber, I would advise against it.

I would advise against any thin film being added to a cartridge. It'll rub right off between chambering and being fired and I'd guess it'll muck up the chamber in short order.

I use sharpies on some of my reloads. Some sort of stamp would probably be the cheapest and easiest route.

One thing you might consider...

If you're involved in a shooting, what do you think the police, the prosecutor's office, and the public would make of ammunition so marked?

The imagery doesn't shed good light on gun owners in general.

After discussion amongst staff, we've decided to close this one for those reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back