Kydex wear on a classic Sig P225 from 1998?

This nice condition '98 classic was just acquired. As with my collector ('94) P228, both were manu., assembled and proofed in Kiel Germany.

My Non-Collector Sig, a 229R, has rails and fits too tightly to easily be pulled out with one hand.

As the '98 collector 225 Can be pulled with one hand, ** is there much Visible Wear** from the friction of going in/out of the holster once a day? This is my Only Actual question. Am well-aware of those other issues which concern people regarding the 225/P6.

As Plan B, maybe Kydex makes a specific shell just for Sig 229Rs (with rails), which allows the shell to fit my Crossbreed IWB holster.

If this is this too hard to follow I can rephrase it.

So sounds like 2 issues... your "collector" gun fits in your current holster a little loose, and your non-collector gun does not fit properly in your current holster.

First, make sure the holster fits the gun properly regardless of its condition or age.

Second, you will get noticeable wear if you are holstering/un-holstering daily from a kydex holster.

Ware is the nature of the best , A carry gun when carried and used often will show it , adds character to the firearm . Can get away with it on a stainless steel gun , much easier on the finish . Fire an clean it often .

Back