Kydex Pocket Holster for Kahr CM9?

tobnpr

Tried a search, but didn't come up with anything.

I want to have an option to pocket-carry my Kahr for times I don't want to use my Alien Gear Kydex IWB.

Suggestions? Kydex only, please- I want a "hard shell" encasing the trigger guard.

ebay, Twenty six bucks.
Kahr PM9 CM9 Right Hand Carbon Fiber Pocket Holster .060 kydex holstex
| Add to watch list
Seller : jbowe12 (2470 ) 100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller | See other items
Item condition:New without tags
“Handmade”
Time left: Time left: 26d 08h 4/26, 4:48PM
Price:US $25.86

Last edited:
Kydex not going to be comfortable . Compared to leather or other material.

I carry my CW9 in a De Santis pocket holster. Its not going to go off if you bump something . No need for armor pocket holster . I like leather the best my self . For my Colt Mustang and snub 38's

Search did turn up a couple of threads showing guys with holes where they shouldn't have been due to "soft" carry holsters.

With a softer, rubberized back- just like my IWB, I don't see how it could impact comfort.
I know the soft holsters like the DeSantis are commonly used but I'd rather have the hard shell.

With a softer, rubberized back- just like my IWB, I don't see how it could impact comfort.
Unless you have very loose fiting pants, with large pockets, a hard pocket holster will be like carrying a brick in your pocket. But if that is your choice, I did see what you are looking for on ebay. Just search Kahr CM9 kydex pocket holster ebay.
BTW, it looks very uncomfortable.
When I don't carry my CM9 in a Theis Holsters IWB Hybrid holster, and want to pocket carry it I do so in a DeSantis Nemesis with full confidence that there can't be anything able to me ve the trigger at all, let alone far enough for it release the striker.
A link to your researched information about NG's with "soft" holsters would be helpful. They would be informative to see. I bet they weren't DeSantis holsters.
Like all CCW holsters, pocket, or not, you will probably end up with a drawer full of ones that just weren't "right".

The kydex Ebay rig was mentioned in a blog online and he didn't report any issues with it. If kydex is going to be a major pain in the leg, then it does go to how tight your clothing will be. Don't forget there is a one pound polymer and steel gun in there, too. That's the bulk of the brick, the wings you buy to conceal the shape and protect the trigger are really minor.

Given that the kydex holsters are molded to shape, I question their effectiveness in concealing the gun when they "print" the same profile. I would want the outer surface basically flat and with a curved profile as if there was really little there. Second, molded kydex means it grips the gun and the ebay holster has a curved part to press your thumb against on the draw - to pop it out. That seems to be more grip than I would need.

With all that I would suggest the Recluse single side holster with trigger block. It conceals, protects the trigger, and allows easy draw. Three stars where a kydex doesn't, yet.

For those who worry about bricks in their pocket then a 2% spandex fabric might be the answer. Most tactical pants use it and you don't have to buy weird ones with range or cargo pockets. I even got a pair from Walmart. And they are a lot more user friendly bending and crouching.

I use the Alabama Hooker IWB appendix for all my semi autos. Kahr CW9 upper right. Easy on/off with the J hook and secure. The problem with any leather holster is during re-holster, the mouth wants to close in.

image37174.jpg

Link as requested. Didn't realize this was an OWB holster when I first read it. Granted, victim admitted, should have ditched the holster before this happened:

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/f...her-holsters-can-cause-accidental-discharges/

This is an IWB model, and a shirt getting bunched-up as the victim suspects couldn't happen with a pocket holster, but it's interesting for those that use these (and I did, before I changed to the Alien Gear):

http://concealednation.org/2016/02/...he-a-heres-why-a-proper-holster-is-essential/

Understand- this isn't to start a peeing contest... No doubt, "soft" holsters like the DeSantis are quality items, and "safe"- or they wouldn't be on the market. Risk of anything interfering with the trigger protection are obviously minute. In reality, with the looong trigger take-up and heavy pull weight of the CM9, I can't realistically see an AD happening with "reasonable" care and common sense with any holster.

This is matter of personal preference. I like the rigidity of Kydex in protecting the trigger. If I buy one and it's too uncomfortable, I'll ditch it for a softie...

Printing is not illegal in FL and therefore not a concern to me.

Last edited:
Thanks. As I expected, the two incidences were with IWB, or OWB holsters. Not with pocket holsters. Feel assured if you find a Kydex pocket holster, like the one I originally mentioned on ebay, too uncomfortable for carry you will not be endangering yourself with a leather, or synthetic version. If you look at the DeSantis you will notice it is thicker, and much more rigid than a nylon, or worn leather holster. It naturally conforms to the gun, and your body, and completely covers the trigger. Anything that could possibly put enough force through the material to press the trigger would have to be small, and pointed enough that it would likely also deflect off a Kydex holster, and puncture your leg anyway. There is also nothing likely to "bunch up" inside the holster either. One thing forany pocket carry. The holstered gun, and ONLY the holsterd gun goes in that pocket! That can't be stressed enough regardless of holster design, or material.
Good luck on your search for a kydex pocket holster for your CM 9.:D

Looked at all I could find...

For some reason I've yet to understand, all the Kydex pocket holsters are Kydex front and back, instead of having a back of rubberized nylon or something similar.

My Alien Gear IWB is like that- and it's comfortable. Why can't someone make a pocket holster with a "soft side" against the leg, with the kydex outer??:mad:

Probably, DeSantis it is...

One more thing to consider is fit of your CM9 in pants pockets. I basically live in jeans, and some have pockets that allow a reasonably easy draw, but others are much more difficult. While my LCP is easily accessible in almost any pocket. I do have a DeSantis Nemesis for my little Kahr, but it is most often carried IWB in Theis Hybrid similar to your Alien Gear.

tobnpr, do a search for Boraii brand. They have one on Amazon for the CM9. I used their pattern and made my own (kydex, rubber grommets, Chicago screws). I wear dress slacks, and with the kydex minimalistic holster my CM9 is almost as small as my Kel Tec P3AT in its Desantis holster.

Good luck.

No fascination. I have leather holsters, synthetic padded holsters (Remora, Desantis), & Kydex holsters. Different materials for different applications. Kydex is thinner than the other materials, and easily re-formed with heat for a custom fit. It's also hard & unyielding against skin.

Ordered the Boraii....
Reviews seem to be good. I like the minimalist approach- basically a Kydex trigger guard. Supposedly, they function as intended as to keeping the pistol correctly positioned and releasing upon draw. We'll see...

Next best thing to just putting it in my pocket. Will let all know how it works out.

Back