Kydex holster for 4" GP-100

AndyP

I've been looking though my catalogs and the choices for a 4" barrel GP-100 holster seem to be slim compared to other models of guns. Although this piece will primarily be a house gun, I's like to try shooting it in IPSC or IDPA Revolver Div (maybe), so a holster is necessary.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes Kydex vertical scabbard-type OWB holsters for this model gun?

Do holsters for other models fit the GP-100 OK? For example, I could not find the GP-100 listed on the Blade-Tech website.

If there aren't any Kydex holsters, how about a good quality custom leather holster for IPSC shooting? Suggestions?

Thanks,
AndyP

Mike Benedict can only help me if I live near his location, so that option is out. Too bad.

The Milt Sparks look very nice indeed. I'll have to think about them if I can't get plastic.

The GP100 uses L-Frame S&W speedloaders so I tried a 4" GP100 in a leather holster for a 4" S&W 586. It fits almost perfectly. The barrel seems to be a bit wider, so it was a bit snug. The holster is a competition rig and cut away in the area that would cover the top of the frame. The top strap looked a bit wide, but I couldn't really tell if it would be a problem with this holster. If you get something with a tension screw that might take care of the fact that the Ruger is a bit beefier than the L. You might contact Blade Tech and just ask if their L Frame Smith holsters will fit a GP100. Can't hurt to ask.

Success!

FYI for any interested parties:

I finally got an email reply from Blade-Tech today. They do indeed make holsters for the Ruger GP-100 with 4" barrel. Then also make matching single and double speedloader pouches. I couldn't find these listed on their website, but they are available.

I ordered a belt holster (IDPA approved) and two single pouches for Safariland Comp II speedloaders. I may try these out this spring at a (Ripon, WI) IDPA shoot--if I have the time and inclination to shoot a second gun.

Cheers,
AndyP

Back