Kwikset scope rings?

baddarryl

Hi all. On my dads 81 BDL are these rings. Are they any good? I am getting ready to upgrade the scope and am wondering. Thanks.

My recommendation for rings is the Talley combination base/rings. They are machined in 1 piece from aircraft aluminum which makes them lighter than other combos or separate bases/rings. I believe they are an excellent product.

On my dads 81 BDL are these rings
Have they done what they are supposed to do for all those years?

If not, spend a lot of money for something "better"

If they have, why bother?

Quote:
On my dads 81 BDL are these rings
Have they done what they are supposed to do for all those years?

If not, spend a lot of money for something "better"

If they have, why bother?

I have not shot it yet as I just inherited it. It has an old Bushnell on it that works, but I thought about upgrading the scope. If I do, might as well up grade the rings. Heck, it might not need anything at all actually.

If I do, might as well up grade the rings
I know many have their favorite brands, but rings are pretty straight forward

They are either the right size or not, and one brand isn't necessarily "better" than another, as long as they fit your scope, and are in line with the action

They are either the right size or not, and one brand isn't necessarily "better" than another, as long as they fit your scope, and are in line with the action

I strongly disagree with that. Rings don't just hold the scope while it is sitting in the safe. They have to hold them perfectly still under recoil. That is where you see a difference between good rings and less-than-good rings. The stronger the recoil felt by the ring, the better it has to be to hold the scope.

Additionally, better quality rings are machined more precisely and will hold the scope without putting more stress on one side of the scope tube than they do on the other (something that can damage the scope).

I strongly disagree with that. Rings don't just hold the scope while it is sitting in the safe. They have to hold them perfectly still under recoil.
If they fit properly, they will hold under all conditions

They are all made on modern CNC machines, so the only real difference (if there is any) would be in the specifications.

They fit or they don't , no matter what name is on them

Back