Kusiak Leather Holsters

milidale45

Inactive
Just joined the forum. I don't have much time to hang around the forums all that much but I want to see if I can. :D I bought my leather holster from Kusiak a few months back and I gotta tell you my way of carrying changed. It is actually comfortable to carry my pistol all day. I get to access it easily, I can easily re holster. The design is absolutely fantastic, no one in the market makes these. I used to like Kydex for about a month, no longer than that, It damaged my gun and I cant deal with that. I am not going to mention where I bought the Kydex, but its just it, its plastic. Anyways enough of that. Now we are looking at getting another one from the Kusiaks most likely for my Shield. Allright fellas see what they have let me know what you think go here to see what they have www.kusiakleather.com Also I spoke to Kusiak he's knowledgeable and he did help me with a few details I wanted on the holster . not sure if he will do for everyone but he did it for me. Thanks folks.

I have one of their holster for my Shield.

I've tried every trick under the sun to loosen it up so the holster doesn't come off my belt when I'm drawing the gun. Even sent it back to Kusiak and had them work on it. Still no good. Doesn't matter what belt I'm using, the leather is so stinkin' tight, it holds onto the gun like a vice-grip.

Basically it's a useless piece of pretty leather sitting in a drawer now. First and last Kusiak holster for me.

YMMV.

@Wishoot

I don't own one, so can't speak for Kusiak holsters in general, however I can suggest a few things to try if you wanted to loosen up that tight holster.
Maybe it will help you make more of it than just a leather paper weight.

Try Putting your Shield in a plastic shopping bag or two. Insert (JAM) into holster - leave for a few hours at first. Check tightness. Increase time span in holster and / or number of bags as needed for desired grip.

I sure hope this helps you!

-Lefty

Wishoot, I haven't been able to log into the forum for a while, I just read your reply. I think if you try to send it back for a replacement holster you might get away with it.

Milldale- It was sent back to Kusiak once. They sent me the same holster in the same condition in return.

It's moot at this point. The holster is gone.

Back