Kudos To Kel-Tec

Daddycat

At last I've had the experience of getting more than I could reasonably hope for. A few weeks ago my P32 was dropped at the range. The slide was damaged at the rear, preventing it from going back into battery. I sent it to Kel-Tec telling them that rather than just having them repair it, I would like to have the slide upgraded to their hard chromed version. I expected that since the slide was damaged by what could be reasonably deemed misuse, the usual $20.00 fee for an upgrade would be increased. Not so!
Kel-Tec sent me back my pistol with a handsome hard chromed slide with all internal parts upgraded. I think they exchanged the mag for a new one as well. All for $20.00 bucks. I have paid five to six times more for other pistols that have mal-functioned, never did I did this kind of service from their service depts. I say again: Kudos to Kel-Tec!
Daddycat

See Cruzer..ya should have gotten a KEl Tec instead of the POS SA9! :D:D:D

Sorry man..I had to poke at ya for that one!

Good Shooting
RED

I can beat that!

I sent my P-32 to the KT factory from Kentucky on a wednesday. I wanted a spring upgrade, a hard chrome pocket clip, and a gray frame assembly. The gunsmith not only did what I wanted, but also installed a silver trigger shoe, new style magazine, and all new internal parts. All for FREE!! Then she fired six mags of different ammo just to make sure everything was OK. Now remember, I sent it on a wednesday. I got it back on FRIDAY OF THE SAME WEEK!!! You could have knocked me over with a feather! The P-32 was even CLEAN!!!

Kentucky Rifle

Aw shucks, you didn't need to bring up the SA-9 did ya?

Well, I have an update on that. First of all, I had a P32 before P32's were cool. :) :)

Then came the SA-9 (the worthless POS). It is now back at the dealer and my credit card has been fully credited. :)

And here is my new baby:

P11Chrome.jpg

Yes! I am a two Kel-Tec man now. I was lost, but now I am saved, hallelujah!

We sent Thelma's P32 back to Kel-Tec for a failure to extract/failure to fire problem, and threw in $20 for the hard chrome. Again, they replaced ALL internal parts, giving us essentially a new gun, did the hard chrome, installed the belt clip, all at no charge above the $20 for the slide. It came back in a week, and now works like a champ even with the Cor-Bon ammo that is notorious for feed problems (but is also the hottest .32 ACP around).

Kel-Tec rocks!

KR,

I don't get it. It's a P11 and the sights are stock. Now, maybe they have changed the sights at some point...or maybe I'm dense and don't get your joke?

KY Rifle,

You need to add a P-11 to your shopping list. Believe your list has an Autauga .32 on it and a Guardian .380.

I like my P-11, it's perfect for certain situations.

Colty Pony Pocketlite -or- Keltec P32

At a show today, I found a NIB Colt Pony Pocketlite 380 ACP for $479.

Keltec P32 could be had for $209.

I ended up going with the Keltec... The 380 would have been nice but the price seemed kind of steep, even though the Pony isnt being made anymore...

What do you guys think?

Cruzer

No, it's no joke. From the picture, it looks like the sights and the whole pistol for that matter are "beefier". (If that is a word.) The last P-11 I looked at was an all blue model. Maybe the chrome slide just makes it look more substantial. (Are night sights available?) Please post your impressions after going to the range a couple of times.

Alamo: I do need/want a 9MM. I still have quite a few on my "shopping list". Sometimes my wife asks me why I need so many different calibers. I have NO good answer.

KR

KR,

Understand the dilemma. This one will land me in hot water. I bought a P7M8 because "everyone needs the best 9mm ever made." Then I turned around and bought the P11 because, "everyone needs the lightest 9mm ever made." :) :)

I understand there are night sights available for something like $80 with quick turnaround. I'll let y'all know how it works.

Back