Korth NHC 3" .357 Mongoose?

ajgranda

Hi,

I had not handled a revolver in 20 years, until my LGS friend decided to bring out this Korth, just for the hell of it. It was the 3" 6 rd. Mongoose, full rubber grips. Wow, incredible fit and finish, best trigger I have ever felt on a revolver, although my past was limited to SW Performance K and L frames. Perfect size, between a K and L frame is how it felt to me. I have medium size hands. It also has a self adjusting DA. This one was set at 7lbs, perfect. SA, 2 lbs. I did carry a SW Model 64 in the early 90s as my duty gun before transitioning to Glocks. My only negative with the Korth was 14 K gold dot front sight. My aging eyes can barely see it indoors. I have low powered 1.0x shooting glasses which does help a lot.
I tried it out at the dealer. I just can't get this revolver out of my mind, even though I ended up buying a S&W Shield Plus and Walther Q4sf.

Can I afford it? I guess so. Do I feel it is worth it? Not sure. Ive read all the reviews and they have been very positive. If I do purchase, it will be a bedside gun, range gun and occasional OWB winter carry gun.

Can I get some feedback and opinions? Thanks

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/mongoose-357-mag

There is a review on youtube for the M73 where the author says, in the hand with a blindfold, can I tell the difference in trigger between a tuned S&W, a Koth, and the M73? No."

That seems to speak to reality vs our desires.

You previous Performance Center S&W only has "bossed" main spring. You can spend a lot less than a Koth to get the S&W to a expert in S&W triggers.

But you don't just want the Koth because of the trigger alone, right? Probably not, right? Go for it.

And don't even worry about that extra 7th chamber you left behind from S&W in a similar sized revolver :)

You can tune the SW guns make them have a great trigger for a lot less than a Korth is true but it will never be a Korth. The new Lollar guns that Korth is producing are one of the three best revolvers being made right now. Manurhin MR 73, Korth Mongoose and Janz. I like my Korth better than my MR 38 and that is saying a lot. Don't hesitate to buy the Korth it's money well spent. Plus I like the cylinder release on the Korth.

I'd be a bit conficted too, as I could get 3 really nice revolvers for the price the Korths are going for. The last $3k+ revolver I handled was a Manurhin, and while I could afford it, I didn't want it badly enough to drop the cash. I'm happy with a S&W with a professional trigger job.

I would say that if the "You Tuber" and Siggy-06 are happy with the S&W then I am happy for them. I am happy with a lot of my S&W's too. I am very happy with my Manurhin MR73. I think this is what the OP is saying.

If he can afford it and will be happy with it. Then I say life is too short to pass it up. I would recommend he go for it.

Back